Why Do We Give?
The Bible teaches the importance of tithing and giving offerings throughout the Word of God. In the book of Acts, we see the early Christians selling properties and giving the proceeds for the advancing of the church. In Genesis, Abraham gave his tithe to Melchezidek, the priest of the Most High God. He taught us through his giving that all things come from God and therefore all things belong to God. The tithe (the first tenth of our income) is holy and is God’s portion. Offerings are given above and beyond the tithe. As Christians, we love the work of God and it is our pleasure to support our church with our tithes and to give offerings to various ministry opportunities.
Honor the Lordwith you possession and with the first fruits of all your increase, so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine. - Proverbs 3:9-10 (NJKV)
Offerings are above and beyond the tithe and are crucial to supporting various ministries locally and around the world.
Home Missions We Support:
- Beyond the Grave - A powerful production to share the Gospel with our community
- Feed the Multitudes - An annual event caring for the less fortunate in the Greater New Orleans area
- Mary’s Song Restoration Center for Women – A place for restoration of women and their families.
- Victory Christian Academy – Providing an education to students Pre K 3-7th grade with hearts burning for Jesus and minds shining with the light of academic excellence.
- Youth Alive - We train up student leaders to share the Gospel and hold Bible studies in public schools in Orleans and Jefferson Parish.
- Feed the City - Our weekly outreach to the homeless. We provide a ride to church and a meal every Sunday to the homeless in our community.
- Prison Ministry - each week we send leaders to Jefferson Parish Correctional Women's Facility in Gretna, LA to share the Gospel. Many times when the women are released they enter Mary's Song.